Technology has made it exceedingly easy for customers to look for the products and services they need. But, without effective website positioning, it is impossible to attract buyer attention amidst the clamor of competing brands and options. With the assistance of an SEO expert, you’ll adopt effective strategies to position your website on the first pages of Google search results. That’s how you’ll generate a higher number of leads for possible conversions.
Let’s Take a Look at What Happens with Searches
When looking for a particular product or service, customers only need to type keywords in Google or other search engines. The platform presents hundreds of pages with options and sellers in a few short milliseconds. Not only can buyers find a list of brick-and-mortar stores they can visit and purchase the products they need, but also websites that accept online orders and deliver products to their doorsteps. However, research shows that 32% of users will check websites on only the top positions of the search pages. And, 75% never progress beyond that first page!
As a business owner, you need to pay close attention to this number. That’s because it indicates the importance of effective website positioning strategies that will place your site right up there on the top page, so you get those coveted clicks. How will you make that happen?
You’ll Optimize the Site to Attract Search Bots
ake a look at what happens behind the scenes when users type a keyword. Millions of tiny search bots crawl the web to look for information related to that keyword. Using advanced algorithms, they skim through pages to locate information and place it on the search results. Google has programmed the bots to look for sites that deliver precisely what the customer is looking for and pull up pages that provide the best User Experience (UX). That’s where SEO comes in.
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is the technique of designing your website so that it aligns with the algorithms and is instantly selected by the bots. You’ll use a combination of on-site and off-site strategies to deliver everything Google is looking for.
On-Site SEO is About Designing Your Website for Search Engines
Although different search engines have their algorithms for selecting websites, there are a few basic SEO elements that you absolutely must integrate. Here’s a quick look at them:
- Keyword Density: Keywords tell search bots what the information on the page is all about. You’ll add the right keywords and synonyms and repeat them the appropriate number of times throughout the page. This technique is called keyword density.
- Interesting Content: The information should be presented in simple, easy-to-understand terms with lots of white space.
- Make sure to avoid repetitive content and focus on being concise. Complying with Flesch-Kincaid guidelines is a good first step.
- Images with Alt Text: Images not only break up the text and make the page attractive, but they can also be used to infuse keywords.
- Interesting URLs: The URL is the page's title in the link. When designed appropriately, it can act as a magnet for search bots.
- Internal Links: Google likes to select websites that enhance the UX with internal links. These links go to other pages on your website with relevant information that readers might want to read.
- External Links: Linking to authoritative sites indicates that the information is credible.
Moving on to Off-Site SEO
Even as you work on integrating the essential SEO elements into your website, you’ll also need off-site SEO for effective website positioning. Off-page SEO is about advertising your products and services on other websites and social media platforms to gain traction. Here are some of the strategies you’ll adopt:
- Social Media Marketing (SMM): The value of social media platforms for advertising your site cannot be ignored. Statistics indicate that close to 60% of the global population uses social media. Small startups are more likely to start building an online presence on social media before they build a website or even release the product in the market.
- Building backlinks: You’ll publish content on other websites and get them to host do-follow and no-follow links that direct users to your website. Just make sure to select reputable sites to generate and deliver link juice to your site.
- Several other off-site strategies are now available like Pay-Per-Click, banner ads, Google Ads, Google Videos, Google Search Ads, and Local Search Ads, to name a few. Your SEO expert will assist you in adopting the proper channels to build a robust online presence for your company.
Effective website positioning is critical to ensure that your site appears where it is likely to attract the maximum traffic. At Hyperlocal, we can assist you with the right blend of techniques customized according to the industry where you work. Contact us https://www.hyperlocalplatform.com/contact/ and we’d love to share a few ideas you might find interesting.